6 Reasons Why Farrell’s Nutrition Works!
Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the more difficult lifestyle changes our Farrell’s members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and fads are constantly emerging.
Diets don’t work. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled correctly to function properly. Starving your body of vital nutrients is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research shows that only 1% of people who diet alone actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition – keeping it simple! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food has significantly changed over the years. We educate our members on how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to succeed.
So what makes Farrell’s nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend or an indulgence. While it’s nice to “indulge” every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society causing obesity to become an epidemic. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t focus on calories because many foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you determine how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, allowing your body to stay in “burn mode” rather than “store mode”. We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it supplies our bodies with needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream – known as blood sugar. Scientifically known as your Glycemic Index. If too much fuel is consumed our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode”.
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program realistic. Farrell’s Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are allowed to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they are allowed those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so drinking enough water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend lots of money on fad diets, specific meals that count points, counting calories or removing every tasty food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell’s next 10-week session and learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping.
FYI – You can eat bread every day with the Farrell’s eXtreme Bodyshaping program, too!
Posted on 04/06/2016, in Nutrition & Recipes and tagged dieting, diets, Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping, Farrell's nutrition, Farrells Fun Day, food moderation, FXB, good eating, healthy eating habits, healthy nutrition. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.